We are committed to continuing Chanco’s mission through creative and virtual ways.
The big question campers and families may be asking is; “Will we have camp this summer? The answer today is a hopeful YES. The summer season is far enough away that we are still preparing and planning for a strong and wonderful camp program. However, we know that we are living through an unprecedented and emerging situation. We want our camper families and our retreat guests to be ready when programming resumes. Therefore, we have amended our refund policy to ensure families can feel confident in signing up today. Through this policy change, we hope to build on our strong relationships and reputation from more than 50 years in camping to reassure you that you have nothing to lose when you register with Chanco again this year!
Ways to Connect with Chanco While Physical Distancing
Easter Vigil on the Bluff:
The Rev. Eileen Walsh will be officiating a special virtual/electronic Easter Vigil on the bluff on April 11th. The Easter Vigil is one of the oldest liturgies in the church. This electronic service will involve readings that tell the history of salvation, music, the lighting of the Pascal candle and other candles, the ringing of bells, and the joyous celebration of the resurrection! Join the Rev. Eileen Walsh for a special electronic Easter Vigil at Chanco on Saturday, April 11th at 8pm via our Facebook page here.
Info & Resources
Keeping Chanco Healthy
- Conducting health history reviews and health screenings on the first day of camp for all campers and staff
- Regular and thorough disinfection of public areas including restrooms, gathering spaces, the dining hall, door handles, etc. using commercial-grade disinfectants, listed on the EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against Novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the Cause of COVID-19
- A daily check for campsite cleanliness
- Staff-monitored camper personal hygiene including teeth brushing and showering
- Cautioning our staff to stay home when sick in order to prioritize the health and safety of others