- This event has passed.
Food for your Soul Retreat
October 19, 2018 @ 6:00 PM - October 21, 2018 @ 9:00 AM
Online registration now live! Click this link to register!
Come feed yourself and your soul. This weekend will feature an amazing menu, a cooking lesson with Chef Raphael, a Virginia Wine tasting, and discussion time about the importance of nourishing your soul. Persons under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. An alternative kids program for younger children will be provided. Childcare available upon request. Please call ahead of time if child care is needed
What to expect:
– Friday Night campfire and gourmet Smore’s bar
– Feed Your Soul Workshop with special guest speaker
– Chanco Gives Back Workshop- Making mana bags
– High Tea with Gourmet finger sandwiches
– Cooking Workshop with Chef Raphael
– Virginia Wine Tasting session
– Share your favorite recipes and take home a memento filled with new recipes
– Candle Lit Eucharist
$220- Shared Room( Double Occupancy Motel Room)
$270- Individual Room (Single Occupancy Motel Room)
Children 4 and under are free.
What to Bring:
A recipe to share – Please bring a paper copy of a recipe to share. Recipes will be collected at registration and will be made into a booklet for participants to take home on Sunday!
Donations for Mana Bags – One of the best ways to feed your soul is to give back to those that are in need. One of this weekend’s activities will feature the creation of Mana bags to give out to people that we see in need. Please bring multiples of one individual sized item to put into our Mana Bags. We will be making around 30 bags.
Suggestions for items to bring include:
• Non-Perishable foods (Soups, Canned meats, Crackers)
• Toiletries (Tooth Paste, Tooth Brush, Hand Sanitizer, Tissues)
• Encouragement (Prayers, Bible, stories)
• Necessities (Pair of socks, sunscreen)