We are excited to welcome our 2017 campers to Chanco this summer! With summer camp well underway, our campers are having a blast making new friends, trying new adventures and enjoying being at the “best summer camp” in Virginia (as voted by Virginia Living magazine six years in a row)! Here are a few important camper family reminders to all our friends joining us this summer:
- If all your paperwork is complete and turned in ahead of registration and you have paid in full, you can breeze through our Express Check In line and save valuable time!
- Don’t forget to be saving your change for Change for Chanco – an anonymous matching donor matches all funds raised and this year’s project is an Arts and Crafts pavilion, providing a home of its own for this awesome Camp Chanco activity! Help us make this a reality by saving that change and making a donation that will be matched dollar for dollar! AND – the campsite each session who contributes the most money to Change for Chanco earns an ice cream party! No one is too young to make a difference at Chanco!
- Don’t forget to pack bathing suits, closed toe shoes for the ropes course, water shoes for swimming in the river, a flashlight, a water bottle, a rain poncho, a back pack, bug spray and water resistant sunscreen. Click here for the full “what to bring to camp” list.
- Many families find that packing for camp in a trunk or a Rubbermaid container is best compared to a suitcase or duffel bag.
- It is best to mark all items with your name. Plastic labels and iron on labels can be ordered (irononcamplabels.com is one company our camper families have used) or simply mark with sharpie pen. Many items are misplaced during camp and labeling yours helps them be found!
- Drop off times are between 1-3 pm on the first day of your session (Sunday) and pick up begins with our closing celebration (friends and family invited) at 9 am on the last day of your session (Friday). The service should conclude by 10:30 or 11 am with pick-up to follow.
- For Family Camp, the session begins after dinner at 6 pm on Thursday August 24th and departure time is Sunday August 27th at 2 pm.
- Please note our policy regarding food in campsites. Food will not be stored in campsites, or taken into chalets due to wildlife safety issues. For this reason, please do not send more food in a care package than can be consumed or shared on the day it is received.
- Mail is important at camp! Campers love letters and packages! Mailing address: 394 Floods Drive, Spring Grove, VA 23881.
As always, should you have any questions at all about your child’s stay with us, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or 1-888-7CHANCO (888-724-2626). We cannot wait to see you soon in the magical woods of Chanco!